MCCH will continue to serve those experiencing homelessness and those who are in our permanent supportive housing programs. Our leadership team is working diligently under the guidance of Public Health Officials, Governor Hogan, and the Montgomery County Executive to ensure the health and safety of our clients, staff, volunteers, and supporters.
As we all face the challenge of this public health crisis, it is more important now than ever that we turn towards our community and ask ourselves, how can we support the most vulnerable among us?
3 ways you can support MCCH and our clients as we deal with COVID-19
1. Contribute to the MCCH Care During COVID-19 Fund
This community health crisis is going to affect MCCH and our clients immensely. We are in need of funds to provide meals to the men at our shelter, ensure our formerly homeless clients in their homes scattered across the county are safe, and continue to support our dedicated staff during this time. We have also expanded our shelter capacity to serve 200 men at 4 locations. We have determined that MCCH will need an additional $150,000 to keep our clients and community safe and healthy during this time of need.
2. Provide a Meal for the Men at Our Shelter
- Order a meal for 100 from a nearby restaurant to support a local business
- Prepare a meal for 100 men
- Make breakfast or lunch bags in small batches of 10, 20, 30, or 40.
Meals can be dropped off at our men's emergency shelter at 6 Taft Court, Rockville MD 20850 . There will be a no-contact drop off procedure to ensure the safety of volunteers, staff, and clients. Questions? Contact email@example.com.
3. Donate Supplies for the Shelter and Formerly Homeless Clients
- Drop off cleaning/safety supplies
- Drop off nonperishable food items
- Drop off grocery store gift cards of any amount
All items can be dropped off at our men's emergency shelter at 6 Taft Court, Rockville MD 20850. There will be a no-contact drop off procedure to ensure the safety of volunteers, staff, and clients.
Sign up for our email communications to receive updates regarding how COVID-19 is affecting MCCH and our clients, meal donations, and urgently needed supplies.