There are many ways to support MCCH with donated items. Below are four options:
A Mini Hub is a stock of everyday items that our clients frequently need. We build this stock so that basic items like toiletries or cleaning supplies do not financially strain our clients. Clients ask our staff for access to the Mini Hub where they can “shop” for free!
We currently have four sites with Mini Hubs:
- Nebel Street Emergency Shelter (200 Men)
- Seneca Heights Apartments (17 Families, 40 Individuals)
- Cordell Place (32 Individuals)
- Admin Office (All programs get access)
You can help our clients by re-stocking the Mini Hub of your choosing. How you approach this is up to you! You can focus on collecting multiple of one item, or you can try to collect a smaller amount of every item!
Urgent Needs Task Force
Click the icon above to join our UNTF Page!
Due to limited funding, we are not always able to meet the needs of our clients. We rely on our generous Facebook community to provide items that our clients need. This is where you come in!
How it works:
- MCCH will post urgently needed items in the group.
- If a group member can provide that item, they will comment on the post.
- All donations must be delivered or shipped to MCCH within a week.
We encourage you share urgent need posts with friends and family or invite them to join the group. Together, we can end homelessness in our community!
Host a Move In Kit Collection
Click the icon above to check out our current Move In Kit List!
MCCH is excited to offer a collection opportunity that provides people exiting homelessness with 30 NEW basic household items for their new home. People staying in a shelter don’t have the basics we all need in our home. With your help, they can be ready to restart their life!
We provide a customized sign up for items and your team chooses a collection timeline and a delivery location. Past supporters have used their home address, the reception area of a company, the foyer of a congregation and a 5th grade classroom. Your team is whatever network you’d like to include…your neighborhood, workplace, congregation, organization, book club, school, hiking group, sport team, extended family or all the above.
When all items arrive, we schedule a drop off at our main office in Rockville so we can be ready to help unload the items
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
Ongoing Donation Needs
All items must be new and full-sized.
- Toiletries: deodorant, toothbrush & paste, soap, shampoo, unopened packages of menstrual hygiene products
- Cleaning: all-purpose cleaner, cleaning wipes, broom & dustpan, sponge, dishwashing soap, laundry detergent
- Household: queen sheets, queen blanket/comforter, bath towel & washcloth, pillow & pillowcase, 10 hangers, laundry basket
- Babies & children: baby wipes, diapers, diaper cream, toddler snacks, art supplies
You can even organize a collection drive with your co-workers, congregation, family and friends. Contact email@example.com for ideas on how to get started!