General Description: The Assistant Program Director of PPH will provide direct supervision to the PPH Case managers and help manage a permanent supportive housing program serving formerly homeless families and single adults, under the direction of the Program Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide direct supervision to three Case Managers
• Consult with Program Director on clinical, administrative and programmatic issues.
• Interview candidates as part of program eligibility determination.
• Conduct orientation and training of new program staff. • Maintain active caseload of 10 clients; many clients need intensive case management which may decrease over time.
• Coordinate and facilitate weekly team meetings.
• Coordinate new hire orientations
• Represent program at service provider meetings, as needed.
• Utilize a trauma-informed care approach to identify and address issues precipitating homelessness.
• Assist clients to maintain their housing through the effective application of harm reduction strategies.
• Assist with reintegration into the community, independent living, and parenting skills.
• Utilize solution-focused therapy techniques in combination with a strengths-based perspective to address challenges related to anger management, parenting, socialization, trauma, and domestic violence
• Provide education and support around budgeting practices to support financial solvency.
• Link clients with appropriate community resources and assists in implementing service plans. • Provide a wide variety of client services such as counseling, referrals and resources, life skills training, employment assistance, and assistance with budget management and health maintenance.
• Formulate diagnostic impressions and refer to mental health treatment • Assist clients with entitlement benefit applications and transportation. • Collaborate with outside treatment providers and other partner agencies. • Participate in meetings with service providers including physicians/psychiatrists to help resolve conflict and to monitor progress. • Maintain client files and active resource files. • Responsible for completing all program documentation in an accurate and timely fashion. • Compile client data for reporting purposes including inputting accurate and complete data in the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
• Assist in creating, planning social activities for program participants.
• Work in conjunction with property management and private landlords to support clients in the areas of adherence to the terms of their leases, timely rental payments, and successful upkeep of their apartment units.
• Provide crisis intervention and emergency services when necessary
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Master’s degree in a human services field.
• Minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
• Hands-on experience in social and human services field dealing with diverse populations.
• Knowledge of principles, methods and procedures of case management.
• Knowledge of principles, methods and procedures in handling addiction, mental illness and Co-occuring diagnosed populations.
• Ability to negotiate and maintain positive relationships with co-workers and clients.
• Ability to manage and maintain fiscal accountability.
• Ability to comprehend and follow guidelines of grants and contract agreements.
• Functional knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software.
• Advocate for homeless population.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com