General Description: Monitors the overall conduct and behavior of the residents in HBCAC, assists in meeting the basic needs of the residents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent MCCH in the community, in accordance with the agency’s mission and vision.
- Ensures that residents are safe and secure from internal and external elements.
- Ensures that residents have all their basic supplies and needs such as toiletries, laundry detergent, etc.
- Supervises housekeeping chores done by residents to ensure cleanliness and safety of the house.
- Registers new residents into the facility (HBCAC only).
- Provides a “listening” ear for residents.
- Maintain an attitude of respect for residents of the winter shelter.
- Maintains accurate record-keeping through the documentation of all important and relevant incidences and briefs next staff at shift change.
- Monitors the conduct and behavior of residents, reporting any unusual and critical incidents to Case Aide Supervisor, Operations Manager and Program Director.
- Provides emergency intervention in response to hostile situations and crisis.
- Monitors medication of residents (HBCAC only).
- Support winter shelter program operations.
- Provides transportation services for residents in situations where the case manager is unavailable.
- Attends and participates in the monthly staff meeting and mandatory trainings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school graduate or GED.
- Minimum 6 to 12 months related experience. Will consider combination of qualifications equal to educational and work experience.
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Successful candidates must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Strong problem-solving skills in dealing with client disputes as well as medical and behavioral challenges.
- Knowledge and experience in administering CPR and minor first aid.
- Good driving record preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries.
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of two shifts per week and arrive promptly for your shift.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Organized, reliable, motivated and able to engage challenging clients.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org