General Description: Monitors the overall conduct and behavior of the residents in HBCAC, supervises Case Aides, and assists in meeting the basic needs of the residents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides supervision for all Case Aides on shift ensuring case aide duties are fulfilled.
- Creates and administers performance evaluations and staff performance memos when applicable.
- Trains new staff and provides orientation to mission, protocol and HBCAC-specific policies and procedures.
- Works with the Operations Manager to maintain staff schedule and ensure staff coverage.
- Works closely with HBCAC Administrative team to ensure effective operation of the program and facility.
- Identifies potential problems in personnel management, availability of resources, and participates in the management and resolution of these problems.
- Registers new residents into the facility.
- Provides a “listening” ear for residents.
- Maintains log notes that should document all important and relevant incidences and briefs next staff at shift change.
- Monitors the conduct and behavior of residents, reporting any unusual circumstances and records critical incidents to Support Services Manager, Case Managers, Operations Manager, as well as the Program Director.
- Provides emergency intervention in response to hostile situations and crises and follows protocol to address emergencies to include contacting the Program Director or Operations Manager and/or calling 911 when applicable.
- Monitors medication of residents.
- Provides transportation services for residents in situations where the case manager is unavailable.
- Attends and participates in scheduled HBCAC staff meetings and trainings.
- Facilitate house meetings when applicable
- Responsible for facility maintenance, ensuring cleanliness, safety and operational integrity.
- Additional duties as assigned by the supervisor
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school graduate or GED. Minimum 6 to 12 months related experience. Will consider combination of qualifications equal to educational and work experience
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Bilingual Preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite (word, excel, outlook).
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to stay awake between the hours of midnight and 8am
- Ability to write routine reports and documents.
- Ability to solve problems, negotiate and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Knowledge and experience in administering CPR and minor first aid.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Knowledge of Best Practices including Trauma Informed Care and Harm Reduction
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org