The Archways Case Manager provides intensive case management services to individuals who have experienced chronic homelessness in a scattered site permanent supportive housing program in Montgomery County, MD.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain active caseload of 20 individuals providing intensive case management services when needed.
- Work collaboratively on a dynamic team to assist clients in maintaining their housing through the effective application of trauma informed care and harm reduction strategies.
- Assist clients with locating apartment units, obtaining furniture for their new home, and moving into their new home.
- Through the combined use of personal vehicles, public transportation, and agency vehicles, case managers will actively assist clients with conducting activities in the community.
- Assist with reintegration into the community and independent living.
- Link clients with appropriate community resources and assist in implementing self-directed service plans.
- Provide a wide variety of client services such as counseling, referrals and resources, life skills training, employment assistance, and assistance with budget management and health maintenance.
- Assist clients to secure entitlements.
- Collaborate with outside treatment providers and other partner agencies.
- Participate in meetings with service providers including physicians/psychiatrists to assist clients in achieving their goals.
- Create and maintain client files and assist clients with completing any program documentation.
- Complete all program documentation in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Compile client data for reporting purposes including inputting accurate and complete data in the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
- Work in conjunction with property management and private landlords to support clients in the areas of adherence to the terms of their leases, timely rental payments, and successful upkeep of their apartment units including attending unit inspections.
- Provide crisis intervention and emergency services when necessary.
- Be an ambassador of MCCH and participate in outside meetings and events; taking on leadership roles (e.g. helping with committees, providing trainings, or mentoring fellow employees).
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a human services field.
- Hands-on experience in social and human services field dealing with diverse populations.
- Knowledge of principles, methods and procedures of case management, housing first, trauma informed care and harm reduction.
- Knowledge of principles, methods and procedures in working with individuals who have addiction, mental illness, and co-occurring disorders.
- Ability to negotiate and maintain positive relationships with co-workers and clients.
- Skilled in advocating for clients.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com