General Description: Works with formerly homeless, disabled single individuals in shared houses using a housing first, trauma informed model of service delivery. Provides an overall support system for the clients and refers them to local agencies in the county for vocational, educational, and health and human services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains active caseload of 15 clients who need intensive case management.
- Work closely with other Hope Housing case managers to ensure coverage for all Hope Housing (HH) clients.
- Assists in implementing service plans which must be completed within 30 days of client’s entry into the program.
- Assesses clients’ needs for referral to appropriate services.
- Conducts monthly house meetings.
- Maintains inventory and budget for supplies, equipment, appliances
- Conducts inspections. Addresses issues regarding non-cooperation with agreed upon chores among residents.
- Provides a wide variety of client services by offering life skills training such as managing a budget, food preparation, diet, health maintenance, legal issues, and, monitoring medication, ensuring they are safe and secure from internal and external elements, applies for entitlement benefits
- Through the combined use of personal vehicles and public transportation, case managers will actively assist clients with conducting activities in the community (such as scheduled medical, social services, educational and/or vocational appointments.
- Monitors client progress in substance use recovery and mental health status; collaborates with treatment providers to address crises, relapse and harm reduction strategies as needed.
- Participates in team meetings with other HH case managers to coordinate care
- Participates in meetings with service providers including physicians/psychiatrists to help resolve conflict and to monitor progress.
- Maintains client files, keeps resource files current.
- Maintains all pertinent program paperwork. Also completes client data for reporting purposes including entry of accurate and complete data in HMIS -Service Point.
- Assesses clients in crisis and resolves conflicts. Develops interventions to resolve problematic behavior of clients.
- Maintains good working relationships with landlords.
- Works closely with Assistant Director to interview prospective clients to ensure that vacancies are filled within 30 days
- Work closely with the Assistant Director to complete monthly, quarterly, biannual, and annual reports.
- Acts as representative of MCCH in collaboration with other service providers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Master’s Degree in human services-related field required. Minimum of two to four years of experience in social and human services or related field. Will consider combination of qualifications equal to educational and work experience.
- Hands-on experience in social and human services field dealing with diverse populations.
- Knowledge of principles, methods and procedures of case management and the housing first model
- Knowledge of principles, methods and procedures in handling addiction and dually diagnosis populations.
- Knowledge of principles and methods of trauma informed care and harm reduction.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and impromptu interactions with clients and staff due to urgent needs of the program
- Ability to negotiate and maintain positive relationships with co-workers and clients.
- Advocate for homeless population.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org