General Description: This is a Permanent Supportive Housing Program dedicated to serving the chronically homeless population in Montgomery County, MD. In accordance with MCCH’s policy, program staff uses the principles of Harm-Reduction and Trauma Informed Care while providing an overall support system for clients. The Keys First Case Manager will provide intensive in-home clinical case management services to individuals and families experiencing chronic homelessness utilizing a housing first model of care. Individuals and families will be moving into scattered site units throughout Montgomery County, MD.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist clients in locating housing and moving into their unit.
• Utilize a trauma-informed care approach to deliver intensive case management services.
• Assist clients to maintain their housing through the effective application of harm reduction strategies.
• Assist with reintegration into the community, independent living, and parenting skills.
• Utilize solution-focused therapy techniques in combination with a strengths-based perspective to address challenges related to anger management, parenting, socialization, trauma, and domestic violence.
• Provide education and support around budgeting practices to support financial solvency.
• Link clients with appropriate community resources and assists in implementing service plans. • Maintain active caseload of Up to 20 households; clients will need intensive in-home case management services which may decrease over time. • Provide a wide variety of client services such as counseling, referrals and resources, life skills training, employment assistance, and assistance with budget management and health maintenance.
• Formulate diagnostic impressions and refer to mental health treatment and substance use treatment as appropriate. • Assist clients with entitlement benefit applications and transportation. • Collaborate with outside treatment providers and other partner agencies. • Participate in meetings with service providers including physicians/psychiatrists to help resolve conflict and to monitor progress. • Maintain client files and active resource files. • Responsible for completing all program documentation in an accurate and timely fashion. • Compile client data for reporting purposes including inputting accurate and complete data in the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) on a regular basis. Case notes should be clear and accurate as outlined in the training manual. Updates should be done a minimum of twice a month.
• Assist in creating, planning, and facilitating meetings and social activities for clients.
• Work in conjunction with property management and private landlords to support clients in the areas of adherence to the terms of their leases, timely rental payments, and successful upkeep of their apartment units.
• Provide crisis intervention and emergency services when necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Master’s degree in a human services field preferred.
• Hands-on experience in social and human services field dealing with diverse populations.
• Knowledge of principles, methods and procedures of case management, harm reduction, trauma informed care and housing first.
• Knowledge of principles, methods and procedures in working with addictions, mental illness, and co-occurring diagnosed populations.
• Ability to negotiate and maintain positive relationships with co-workers and clients.
• Advocate for homeless population
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com