General Description: The PPH Case Manager provides case management services to individuals who have experienced homelessness in a scattered site permanent supportive housing program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain active caseload of 18-22 individuals providing intensive case management services when needed.
• Assist clients to maintain their housing through the effective application of trauma informed care and harm reduction strategies.
• Assist clients with locating apartment units, obtaining furniture for their new home, and moving into their new home.
• Through the combined use of personal vehicles, public transportation and agency vehicles, case managers will actively assist clients with conducting activities in the community.
• Assist with reintegration into the community and independent living skills.
• Provide education and support around budgeting practices to support financial solvency.
• Assist clients with applying for jobs in the community.
• Link clients with appropriate community resources and assist in implementing self-directed service plans. • Provide a wide variety of client services such as counseling, referrals and resources, life skills training, employment assistance, and assistance with budget management and health maintenance. • Assist clients to secure cash and non-cash benefits. • Collaborate with outside treatment providers and other partner agencies. • Participate in meetings with service providers including physicians/psychiatrists to help resolve conflict and to assist clients with their goals. • Create and maintain client files and assist clients with completing any program documentation. • Responsible for completing all program documentation in an accurate and timely fashion. • Compile client data for reporting purposes including inputting accurate and complete data in the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
• Assist in creating, planning, and facilitating meetings and social activities for clients.
• Work in conjunction with property management and private landlords to support clients in the areas of adherence to the terms of their leases, timely rental payments, and successful upkeep of their apartment units including attending unit inspections.
• Provide crisis intervention and emergency services when necessary
• Be an ambassador of MCCH and participate in outside meetings and events; taking on leadership roles (e.g. leading committees, providing trainings, or mentoring fellow employees).
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Master’s degree in a human services field.
• Hands-on experience in social and human services field dealing with diverse populations.
• Knowledge of principles, methods and procedures of case management, housing first, trauma informed care and harm reduction.
• Knowledge of principles, methods and procedures in working with individuals who have addiction, mental illness, and co-occurring disorders.
• Ability to negotiate and maintain positive relationships with co-workers and clients.
• Advocate for homeless population.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com