At the Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless (MCCH) (www.mcch.net), the Chief Development Officer will work in collaboration with passionate and talented colleagues dedicated to ending homelessness in Montgomery County. MCCH fosters a supportive and inclusive work environment that celebrates diversity in backgrounds and beliefs that strengthen innovative practices essential to achieving our vision of creating a community where everyone has a safe, stable, and affordable place to call home. If you would like to contribute your unique experience and skill sets to help us achieve this vision, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Description: The Chief Development Officer is responsible for the development and implementation of effective strategies for fundraising, communications, volunteer management, and advocacy to meet short and long-term needs of the Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless (MCCH). The Chief Development Officer provides strategic leadership to the overall organization as a member of the MCCH Executive Team; and supervises a staff of five including a Donor Relationship Manager, Grants Manager, Community Engagement Specialist, Development and Communications Coordinator, and Development Assistant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement a comprehensive development strategy to achieve significant revenue goals to support the mission, vision and strategic direction of the organization.
- Expand revenue from all fundraising targets to include individuals, corporations. congregations, and other community groups through direct mail, workplace giving, special events, major gifts, planned gifts and other fundraising initiatives.
- Manage grant research, requests and reports for federal, state, and local government funding agencies, as well as private foundations.
- Ensure that the organization has a highly functioning system for donor stewardship.
- Ensure strong development operations including data entry and management, donor acknowledgments, gift processing, and income reconciliation.
- Oversee the organization’s communications activities including press, website, and social media, and such marketing materials as videos, newsletters, and annual reports.
- Serve as MCCH’s secondary external spokesperson to media and community members.
- Thoroughly understand and articulate MCCH’s mission and strategies to end homelessness.
- Serve as a member of the Montgomery County Interagency Commission on Homelessness’ Communications Committee.
- Support Chief Executive Officer with written communications of critical information.
- Collaborate with Chief Executive Officer on advocacy activities that engage community members and elected officials on public policy issues and funding needs.
- Supports Chief Executive Officer in delivering testimony to elected officials
- Supports community members’ engagement through individual and group volunteer projects, including but not limited to our: Holiday Gift program, Back to School Fair, Urgent Needs Taskforce Facebook group, Men’s shelter meal program, Men’s shelter employment program; and Seneca Heights Apartments Educational Program (tutoring).
- Works collaboratively with the Board of Directors and the Board Development committee to create and implement a long-term development plan to guide growth in resource development activities and ensure the organization’s sustainability.
- Prepares progress and activity reports for Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors.
- Supports and builds upon MCCH’s culture of storytelling to support development efforts.
- Stays abreast of philanthropic and social trends on fundraising and homelessness issues.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Graduate degree in nonprofit management, development, marketing, or related field preferred.
- At least ten years of progressively responsible development and/or communications experience in a nonprofit organization, including five years in a supervisory role. Will consider combination of qualifications equal to educational and work experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and multi-tasking skills; highly organized, possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Enjoys contributing as a team player and is committed to social justice and poverty solutions.
- Demonstrated expertise in methods of fundraising, grant seeking, communications, and public relations.
- Grant and proposal writing experience.
- Ability to manage and maintain fiscal accountability.
- Ability to solve problems, negotiate and deal with a variety of concrete
- Ability to speak effectively before large and small groups.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com