General Description: The Front Desk Staff Person oversees the flow of tenants and visitors entering and leaving the facility, monitors the property through the use of security and surveillance systems, maintains various logbooks, and informs staff of unusual events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as receptionist for residents and visitors
- Maintains and updates visitor log book
- Answers phone and directs calls to appropriate personnel
- Distributes tokens for laundry following protocol
- Facilitates maintenance requests reported by residents
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of all security systems in the building
- Utilizes security system to monitor activity within the building
- Identifies emergencies and adheres to emergency protocol outlined in the front desk manual
- Maintains cordial, professional relationships with tenants, guests and staff
- Utilizes appropriate boundaries when interacting with tenants
- Receives and distributes postal deliveries, and manages in-house mail
- Reads log at beginning of shift and makes notations in it at close of shift
- Updates next-shift front desk staff with any pertinent information
- Communicates with program staff regarding any relevant tenant issues
- Prepares and distributes incident reports as needed
- Reads all emails received since last shift
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum 6 to 12 months related experience. Will consider combination of qualifications equal to educational and work experience.
- Functional knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software and switchboard functions.
- Ability to operate monitoring and surveillance systems.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain professional working relationship with co-workers and clients.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com