General Description: Coordinates grant proposals, applications, and reports to foundations, corporations, and government agencies; assists with writing and editing internal and external communications; and supports program outcomes measurements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation, corporate and government (local, state and federal) sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundations, corporations, and government programs to evaluate opportunities for new funding resources.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by funders.
- Collect data from finance staff to generate financial reports and accurate budgets for grant proposals and reports.
- Work with program staff to identify funding needs, as well as to collect and report information for grant proposals and reports.
- Maintain grants tracking and reporting management system.
- Provide stewardship to current grant donors through communications with program officers and contract managers on issues related to grants management and funder cultivation.
- Coordinate meetings and site visits with current and prospective funders.
- Provide consistent communication for all written institutional materials, including but not limited to grant proposals and reports, annual reports, website, contract monitoring materials, advocacy materials and other official communications.
- Collaborate with Compliance Manager to develop program outcomes measurements.
- Manage outcomes reporting in collaboration with Compliance manager and program staff.
- Run reports in Homeless Management Information System as needed to respond to data requests from staff and funders.
- Contribute to Development and Communications department team effort.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple, complex projects with effective attention to detail.
- Demonstrated stewardship experience including generating thank you and acknowledgement letters and anticipating other communication needs that strengthen long-term relationships with donors.
- Demonstrated high-level of proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Comfortable working with budgets and interpreting financial statements.
- Demonstrated passion for social justice.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships, and to contribute to team environments.
- Comfortable working with databases.
- Undergraduate degree required, preferred degree in communications, nonprofit management, English, or related field.
- Three years of professional writing experience required. Grant writing experience preferred.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Grants Manager”