General Description: Dynamic position working with adult males experiencing homelessness that requires an individual with trauma-informed, harm reduction, and housing first knowledge. This position requires a client-centered professional skilled in motivational interviewing and able to meet clients where they are. The goal is to help eliminate barriers to housing in order to quickly move clients onto more stable housing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a large caseload, meeting with clients weekly to provide targeted case management services to assist clients with moving onto more stable housing.
- Conduct assessments such as the VI-SPDAT (v2.0) and Full-SPDAT, complete the Montgomery County Homeless Assessment Tool (HAT), and work with clients to create and update Individual Service Plans.
- Address barriers to housing by assisting clients with applying for benefits and obtaining identification documents, as well as providing referrals to community health services, mental health services, substance use treatment programs, vocational and educational services, and various housing options, including facilitated connections to private landlords.
- Update client records weekly in the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
- Work closely with the entire Support Services Team and the Operations Team to ensure effective operation of the program and facility, as well as the integrated delivery of client-centered services.
- Provide client transportation to appointments, including but not limited to, housing interviews, job interviews, and medical appointments.
- Maintain and review client files on a weekly basis to monitor progress and assist with moving into housing.
- Coordinate referrals for on-site medical, dental, and mental health services.
- Assist Lead Case Manager in compiling data for reporting purposes.
- Attend and participate in weekly supervision meetings, case management meetings, support services team meetings, and other meetings throughout Montgomery County.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Master’s degree preferred in Human Services field. Bachelor’s degree may be accepted with additional experience.
- Spanish language fluency preferred.
- Hands-on experience in social and human services field dealing with diverse populations.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures of case management and the Housing First Model.
- Knowledge of Trauma-Informed Care and Harm Reduction.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures in handling substance use, mental illness, and dually-diagnosed populations.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with co-workers, clients, and community providers.
- Advocate for individuals experiencing homelessness.
- Good driving record.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com