General Description: The HR Manager will be responsible for the overall administration of the sourcing, recruiting, onboarding and off-boarding processes for the organization. The Manager will work with the HR team to ensure compliance with all applicable employment laws as related to recruiting, job descriptions and offboarding of employees and assist the Director of HR & Operations with complex employee relations matters including investigations, collaboration with outside counsel and managing risk to the organization relating to employment matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supports the Director of HR & Operations with complex employee relations matters including investigations, collaborating with outside legal counsel and preparing for hearings or other employment related matters.
• Posts job openings internally (Paylocity) and externally (Indeed, Idealist, College Job Boards, LinkedIn, Twitter, Zip Recruiter and other social service-related job venues). Collaborates with development team staff to create dynamic and engaging recruitment videos and other social media driven campaigns.
• Develops consistent branding presence with schools of social work and online job boards to assist job seekers with identifying MCCH as an employer of choice. Establishes a well-defined pipeline of social work candidates, interns and aides for various units within MCCH.
• Tracks disciplinary matters throughout the organization and various departments in a centralized location for HR staff.
• Attends local job fairs and engages with appropriate community resources to establish a streamline of pre-screened and qualified applicants. Organizes onsite job fairs at MCCH headquarters to allow hiring managers access to centralized recruitment resources.
• Integrates the full life cycle recruitment process in Paylocity to allow for a streamlined recruitment, onboarding and payroll process. Assists with screening resumes and distributing resumes to hiring managers for review. Generates metrics relating to recruitment for monthly HR team review.
• Pre-qualifies candidates according to guidelines established with internal hiring managers.
• Develops strategy for sourcing warm leads and candidates who are not actively seeking employment.
• Maintains and updates applicant tracking process and maintains/destroys applicant documents as required.
• Prepares and updates job descriptions to ensure ADA compliance and consistency throughout the Agency. Tracks employee document compliance within Paylocity.
• Assists Director of HR & Operations with developing and implementing affirmative action plan along with outside consultants, to include targeted recruiting and sourcing within the established recruiting budget.
• Supports internal teams by providing employment and demographic information relating to the grant process and Federal and County contracting and reporting requirements.
• Negotiates offers of employment with potential new hires and completes full new hire process to include background checks.
• Conducts new hire orientation and onboarding of new employees and interns, assists with off-boarding and exit interviews. Synthesizes exit interview data and recommends improvements to support the employee experience within MCCH.
• Manages Workers Compensation program and claims process; engages with insurance carrier
• Manages unemployment claims process to include appearing at hearings and engaging with claims adjustors
• Creates and submits all compliance reporting to include EEO, OSHA, and Census Reports
• Leads payroll, benefits, 403(b) and ACA functions.
• Tracks training for all staff
• Assists Director of Human Resources and Operations with other Human Resources and employee relations matters
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Master’s degree in Human Resources Management or Human Resources Development required
• Current HRCI or SHRM Certifications required
• Experience with all facets of Paylocity HRIS/Payroll system required
• Seven to ten years’ experience in Human Resources to include Employee Relations, Investigations and Employment Law Compliance in a non-profit, social services related organization
• Experience developing affirmative action plans from inception
• Must have working knowledge and be current with all relevant Federal, State and Local employment-related laws. Has knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation
• Notary experience preferred
• Excellent analytical skills and good reasoning abilities with solid independent judgement
• Experience working with a diverse workforce and in a non-profit environment required
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org