General Description: The HR Specialist/Recruiter will be responsible for the overall administration of the sourcing, recruiting, onboarding and off-boarding processes for the Home Builders Care Assessment Center (HBCAC) Emergency Men’s Shelters (multiple locations throughout Montgomery County). The HR Specialist will work with the HR team to ensure compliance with all applicable employment laws as related to recruiting, job descriptions and onboarding/offboarding of employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Posts job openings internally (Paylocity) and externally (Indeed, Idealist, College Job Boards, LinkedIn, Twitter, Zip Recruiter and other social service-related job venues). Collaborates with development team staff to create dynamic and engaging recruitment videos and other social media driven campaigns.
- Full life cycle recruiting for Case Aides, Case Aide Supervisors and all HBCAC Staff
- Develops consistent branding presence with schools of social work and online job boards to assist job seekers with identifying MCCH as an employer of choice.
- Establishes a well-defined pipeline of social work candidates, interns and aides for various positions within HBCAC.
- Attends local job fairs and engages with appropriate community resources to establish a streamline of pre-screened and qualified applicants. Organizes onsite job fairs at HBCAC locations to allow hiring managers access to centralized recruitment resources.
- Integrates the full life cycle recruitment process in Paylocity to allow for a streamlined recruitment, onboarding and payroll process. Assists with screening resumes and distributing resumes to hiring managers for review. Generates metrics relating to recruitment for monthly HR team review. Serves as point person for Paylocity for the Recruiting module in the Paylocity system.
- Pre-qualifies candidates according to guidelines established with internal hiring managers.
- Develops strategy for sourcing warm leads and candidates who are not actively seeking employment.
- Maintains and updates applicant tracking process and maintains/destroys applicant documents as required.
- Prepares and updates job descriptions to ensure ADA compliance and consistency throughout MCCH. Tracks HBCAC employee document compliance within Paylocity.
- Assists Director of HR & Operations with developing and implementing affirmative action plan along with outside consultants, to include targeted recruiting and sourcing within the established recruiting budget.
- Negotiates offers of employment with potential HBCAC new hires and completes full new hire process to include background checks.
- Conducts new hire orientation and onboarding of new HBCAC employees and interns, assists with off-boarding and exit interviews. Synthesizes exit interview data and recommends improvements to support the employee experience within MCCH and the HBCAC program.
- Tracks disciplinary matters in the HBCAC department in a centralized location for HR staff.
- Assists Director of Human Resources and Operations with other Human Resources matters and collects initial employee relations concerns from staff as needed; collaborates with HR team on solutions and appropriate steps
- Manages all vacancies for MCCH and coordinates with social media team to promote and advertise vacancies to broad audiences
- Assist HR team on developing Affirmative Action Plan by collecting appropriate data
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or Human Resources Development required.
- Experience with all facets of Paylocity HRIS/Payroll system preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience in Human Resources to include full life cycle recruiting, preferably in a non-profit, social services related organization.
- Must have working knowledge and be current with all relevant Federal, State and Local employment-related laws. Has knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation.
- Excellent analytical skills and good reasoning abilities with solid independent judgement
- Experience working with a diverse workforce and in a non-profit environment required
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com