General Description: Dynamic position working with individuals experiencing homelessness that requires someone with housing first and trauma informed care knowledge and supervisory skills. This individual will be a skilled leader, able to oversee a team of professionals, meet clients where they are, and move them quickly into permanent housing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide supervision and oversight of the support services team.
- Provide overall management and coordination of support services ensuring integrated delivery of case management services in close collaboration with the operations team.
- Consult with Assistant Program Director on clinical, administrative, and programmatic issues.
- Assist clients with moving onto permanent housing by providing targeted case management services.
- Maintain and review all resident files to monitor progress and assist with moving onto permanent housing.
- Compile data for reporting purposes, including entries into the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) – Service Point.
- Update client records weekly in HMIS, carry an ongoing case load, and complete clinical assessments as necessary.
- Provide services to residents including assistance with housing options, benefits, identification, and provides referrals to community health services, psychiatric services, vocational, educational, and substance use treatment programs.
- Provide oversight and guidance on all client move-out plans and approves all extensions with support from the Assistant Program Director.
- Write and edit reports for internal purposes and external funders.
- Arrange and maintain a Life Skills Program to include courses such as saving money and budgeting, motivation and inspiration, health and wellness, and creative expression.
- Work closely with the entire Support Services Team and the Operations Team to ensure effective operation of the program and facility, as well as the integrated delivery of client-centered services.
- Collaborate on projects with the Assistant Program Director, as assigned.
- Supervise and mentor at least 2 interns.
- Responsible for maintaining relationships with service providers, including coordinating client service delivery with on-site providers of primary and behavioral health care, Adult Protective Services, and Healthcare for the Homeless.
- Coordinate case management meetings with outside service providers.
- Available for on-call emergencies as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s required; Master’s with clinical license preferred
- Licensed in Social Work or 6 months from obtaining a license
- Spanish language fluency preferred
- Hands-on experience in social and human services field dealing with diverse populations.
- Experience in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge of principles, methods and procedures of case management, housing first and trauma informed care
- Knowledge of principles, methods and procedures in handling addiction, mental illness, and Co-
Occurring diagnosed populations.
- Good driving record.
- Ability to negotiate and maintain positive relationships with co-workers and residents.
- Advocate for individuals experiencing homelessness.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org