General Description: Leads the coordination of somatic care for 15 medically vulnerable formerly homeless individuals identified through the 100,000 Homes Campaign in a Permanent Supportive Housing Program. Candidate will visit patients’ homes and provide them with a full range of personalized care which may include: instructions on chronic disease management and medication; pain management, wound care, IV infusion and post-operative instruction. This position is part of a multi-disciplinary team comprised of a full-time Lead Case Manager and full-time Supportive Housing Case Aide.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides somatic case management and service coordination for 15 medically vulnerable homeless individuals identified through
the 100,000 Homes Campaign.
• Provides care management as described in state regulation s for all cases involving nursing services
• Provide nursing services, treatment and diagnostic procedures, and re-evaluates each patient’s somatic needs on a regular basis
• Develop and implement a treatment plan for each patient under the direction of their physician
• Observe and report symptoms, reaction to treatments, drugs, and changes in the patient’s physical or emotional condition.
• Initiate preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures as appropriate for the patient’s care and safety. Effect changes in environment to ensure patient’s safety and security.
• Maintain clinical and progress notes for each patient receiving care and submit required documentation in a timely manner
• Coordinate services as needed to other agencies and health care providers as appropriate
• ·Assist the Program Director in decision-making and policy formation as it pertains the Home Health Care model
• Travels and make home visits to scattered sites to meet participants.
• Participates in meetings with service providers including physicians/psychiatrists to help resolve conflict and to monitor progress and communicates regularly with the interdisciplinary team.
• Acts as a representative of MCCH in collaboration with other service providers.
• Other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Valid and current RN license in the state of Maryland
- CPR/First Aid Certified
- 1-3 years nursing experience; home care experience, preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge regarding exposure to bodily fluids and chemicals, as well as to some hazardous equipment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage an intense case load with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of principles, methods and procedures of somatic care management.
- Knowledge of principles, methods and procedures in handling medically vulnerable and dually diagnosis populations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to negotiate and maintain positive relationships with co-workers and patients.
- Advocate for homeless population.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com