General Description: The Program Manager provides leadership and guidance to a scattered site rapid rehousing program for up to 120 individuals in Montgomery County Maryland. This position is dedicated to serving individuals in need of temporary housing subsidies utilizing the best practices of Housing First, trauma informed care and harm reduction. The Program Manager ensures that RRH provides safe and secure affordable housing that includes high-quality supportive services and efficient operations focused on maintaining stability for clients while they work towards rapidly graduating from housing subsidies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads all programmatic, administrative and operational rapid rehousing housing components.
• Provides supervision to four full-time rapid rehousing case managers who provide direct community support to clients.
• Delivers support services using a trauma informed philosophy; assists case managers to ensure clients have the support they need in order to successfully meet their housing goals.
• Facilitates collaboration between case managers and Property Managers towards ensuring client housing stability.
• Oversees referral process in accordance with HUD Continuum of Care funding and the Montgomery County Coordinated Entry System ensuring adherence with all contractual policy and procedure requirements.
• Responsible for grant compliance and reporting for local, state and federal partners, and functions as liaison between MCCH and Montgomery County housing locators and contract monitors.
• Facilitates collaboration between Case Managers and contracted supported employment staff.
• Ensures accuracy and completeness of all client data in HMIS – Service Point and ensuring that all client files are accurate and follow MCCH’s standards.
• Ensures staff training on client clinical needs as well as MCCH vision, mission, protocols, and procedures.
• Provides assistance with funding applications and program development as requested.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Master’s degree in a human services field preferred.
• Minimum of two years of supervisory experience preferred.
• Hands-on experience in social and human services field dealing with diverse populations.
• Knowledge of the methods and procedures of case management that include self-determination, harm reduction, trauma informed care and motivational interviewing.
• Ability to negotiate and facilitate positive relationships between tenants and landlords.
• Understanding of the homeless assistance system and the needs of individuals have experienced homelessness.
• Ability to advocate for, and understand, the core principles of Housing First
• Ability to manage the RRH program budget and maintain fiscal accountability.
• Ability to comprehend and follow guidelines of federal, state and local grants and contract agreements; and to administer project-based rental assistance requirements.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft applications including, Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint and Outlook.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org