Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless (MCCH) assists people confronting homelessness and offers case management services enabling these households to thrive and live independently. Coalition Homes (CH) is an affiliate and partner to MCCH providing affordable permanent supportive housing. CH self manages its real estate portfolio.
The Property Manager provides a range of customer management services to tenants of CH’s properties from first entry and lease development, site inspections, and tenant certifications to relocation and lease expiration close-out. This position interacts daily with CH tenants, the property bookkeeper, lead maintenance technician and MCCH case managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary liaison with tenants on landlord-tenant issues
- Provide move-in/move-out responsibilities
- Maintain tenant rolls
- Primarily responsible for annual certifications, lease addendums, and compliance with program requirements
- Primarily responsible for tenant files, accurate documentation for identified program, and other records pertaining to the specific asset
- Manage occupancy status of units from vacancies, turnovers, inspections and leasing in coordination with MCCH case managers
- Provide timely responses to and manage tenant requests
- Prepare and send tenant correspondence e.g. newsletter, memos, violation and eviction notices
- Manage unit work order actions in property management system
- Participate in quarterly site inspections and document/follow-up on tenant related issues
- Meet with case managers regularly regarding tenant issues
- Coordinate bi-annual tenant community meetings based on geographical location
- Provide relocation assistance to tenants who are moving or displaced
- Participate in professional development opportunities.
- Assist senior Coalition Homes manager(s) with developing new educational tools that improve performance, time management, and increase accuracy of job related functions
- Work collaboratively with other departments or agencies to improve residents’ opportunity to achieve housing stability
- Assist tenant with services together with case managers
- Assist with file audits, HUD management and occupancy reviews and HUD REAC inspections
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 5 years property/tenant management experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in bookkeeping, accounting or equivalent education courses
- High attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability to effectively solve problems through use of analytical skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office, Yardi or similar property management programs
- Comfortable with diverse populations (cultural, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, economic, disabled)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to drive, stand, walk, climb stairs, sit, manually manipulate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
Hours of Work: After hours work on evenings or week-ends may be required from time to time.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com