General Description: Monitors the overall conduct and behavior of the residents/clients in the facilities. Assists in meeting the basic needs of the clients/residents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that clients are safe and secure from internal and external elements.
- Ensures that clients/residents have all their basic supplies and needs such as toiletries, laundry detergent, including replenishing and stocking supplies.
- Monitors and provides feedback of housekeeping chores to residents and assists in maintaining cleanliness and safety of the house.
- Records nightly census.
- Maintains log notes that should document all important and relevant incidences and briefs next staff at shift change.
- Provides a “listening” ear for clients/residents and facilitates conflict resolution.
- Monitors the conduct and behavior of residents/clients, reporting any unusual circumstances and creates incident reports for Case Manager or House Manager.
- Conducts room checks and assigns/assists residents with minor tasks such as laundry.
- Provides emergency intervention in response to hostile situations and crises and follows protocol to address emergencies to include contacting the Case Manager, Program Director and/or calling 911 when applicable.
- Monitors medication of clients.
- Completes food preparation with clients in the life skills kitchen.
- Replenishes office supplies and forms as needed.
- Evaluates and addresses minor household maintenance repairs and tasks.
- Maintains a clean staff working environment.
- Serves as the primary contact person for the house during shift.
- Participates in regular staff meetings and organization’s staff retreat.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school graduate or GED.
- Minimum 6 to 12 months related experience. Will consider combination of qualifications equal to educational and work experience.
- Ability to write routine reports and documents.
- Ability to solve problems, negotiate and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Knowledge and experience in administering CPR and minor first aid.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com