Organizing a community walk is a great way for schools, camps, congregations, businesses, and other local organizations to increase awareness of the issue of homelessness while raising critical funds for MCCH.
Your group can organize a community walk in 5 easy steps:
- Choose a Walk Coordinator– This person is responsible for planning the walk and serving as a liaison between walkers and MCCH.
- Choose a Date– Community walks can be planned anytime that works best for your group.
- Raise Funds– We suggest $20 for youth and $30 for adults. Walk participants can register using the form below. Checks or cash are also welcome and should be collected by the Walk Coordinator on the day of your event.
- Host the Walk– Your walk can be any length that works for your group. We can also provide materials to promote awareness of the issue of homelessness during your event. Schedule permitting, it may be possible to have an MCCH staff member speak at your event. Community walks can be held anytime during the year.
- After the Walk– Please send cash donations and checks to MCCH, Attn: Community Walk, 405 East Gude Drive, Suite 209, Rockville, MD 20850. Email photos that MCCH can promote in our social media to email@example.com.