Home First provides permanent supportive housing for 30 formerly chronically homeless single adults in Silver Spring. All Home First clients have experienced extended periods of homelessness and have a diagnosed disability.
Home First clients live in apartments rented from private landlords.
- Furnished units
- Home-based case management
- Life skills and budget training
- Assistance in acquiring a primary health care provider and accessing mental health and drug treatment services
- Assistance in obtaining benefits and entitlements
- Connections to community resources
- Outings and and activities throughout the year