Seneca Heights Apartments (SHA) is an award winning, permanent supportive housing complex for formerly homeless individuals and families that opened in the summer of 2004 in partnership with Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services, Housing Opportunities Commission, Montgomery County Department of Housing and Community Affairs, and the City of Gaithersburg.
Located in a renovated Econo Lodge in Gaithersburg, SHA provides permanent supportive housing to 40 formerly homeless single adults and 17 families with children.
SHA residents are amongst the most vulnerable households who have experienced homelessness in Montgomery County. SHA empowers clients to achieve housing stability and other self-directed goals through 24/7 support from clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Furnished units
- On-site case management
- Life skills and budget training
- Assistance in acquiring a primary health care provider and accessing mental health and drug treatment services
- Assistance in obtaining benefits and entitlements
- Connections to community resources
- Educational groups and workshops
- Recreational/social activities
- Phone and internet service
- On site tutoring program for children
- Community and outdoor recreational space, including an extraordinary playground built in May 2015 in partnership with KaBOOM!